The ATHENA Award honors the Denver woman who best exemplifies: exceptional professional achievement, devotion to community service and generosity in actively assisting other women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills. A special panel of business and community leaders will choose the ATHENA Award finalists from nominations submitted by the Denver business community.
ATHENA Selection Committee
The selection committee is made up of business leaders including the past recipient of the award. The selection committee adheres to the guidlines provided by ATHENA International.
Click here to meet the 2013 ATHENA Award Nominees
Click here to acces the ATHENA auction donation form
Click here to see the previous ATHENA Award recipients
Lifetime Achievement Award
To be eligible, the nominee must:
- Be a member of the community for a minimum of five years.
- Show significant leadership and made an impact on women in her community.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Contributed a body of work that has made an effective change in a specific segment of her community including: Environmental, Community, Business, Social.
Young Professionals Award
Young Professionals Award recognizes the efforts of an outstanding Colorado young professional woman who demonstrates significant accomplishments in her career and has contributed to the business community. This emerging leader pursues excellence and possesses leadership qualities, creativity, and demonstrates role model qualities. Additionally, she works to improve the quality of life of others through community service. To be eligible, a candidate must be a professional woman working in Colorado and must be 39 years of age or younger.
Company of the Year Awards
The Company of the Year Award honors companies that create a workplace culture that supports the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment for their employees who are women by: encouraging them to excel in the company, devote time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and forge paths of leadership for other women to follow. CWCC Company of the Year strives toward these efforts to create balance in their leadership teams.
Company of the Year recipients must meet each of the following criteria:
- Large Business: 600+ employees
- Medium Business: 51-600 employees
- Small Business: 50 employees or less
- Assist women in reaching their full leadership potential, through training, promotion, or programs specifically directed to support women employees
- Contract with women owned business for supplies and services
Sustainable Company Award
The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce Sustainable Company Award honors a company that creates a workplace culture that supports the environment, the economy, and society. Recipients must meet each of the following criteria:
- Worked in the creation/implementation of a program or business model that has made a measurable contribution to the economy and society.
- Explain your Corporate Social Responsibility policy and how it functions as a built-in, self-regulating mechanism.
- How the company proactively promotes community growth and development.
Click here to see previous Annual Award recipients
Hosted by the CWCC and the Denver Women's Commission, The Lawmakers Awards honor outstanding Colorado lawmakers for their leadership and work they have done for women at an annual reception typically held in November. The event provides attendees an opportunity to speak with lawmakers about issues while showing appreciation for the important work they have done for women in the community.
Click here to see previous Lawmaker Award recipients
Top 25 Gala
The Top 25 Most Powerful Women will be honored at our Top 25 Gala on January 23, 2014. This Gala celebrates the accomplishments of the the Top 25 Women in Denver and honors their work. These limitless leaders have gone above and beyond and become outstanding figures in our community.
Top 25 Gala Video 1
Top 25 Gala Video 2
Top 25 Gala Video 3