Name: Vivian Morales
Organization: Regional Transportation District
Title: Civil Rights Outreach Specialist
- Collaborative School Committee Member and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee Member at Escuela Valdez
- WTS Scholarship Committee Member
- APTA Diversity and Inclusion Council Member
- APTA Racial Equity Working Group
- Actively involved with CWCC for almost 2 years.
- As part of my work with RTD I engage with owners of Small, Disadvantaged, Women, and Minority owned businesses to ensure they are aware of contracting opportunities through our agency. The networking allows for introductions to prime companies and other industry partners, creating a network for small businesses to connect with opportunities.
The Why: For me, the goal is equity. As a team member at RTD, I work towards ensuring a leveled playing field for small businesses. My community work focuses social justice, striving towards equity for all. My personal and career efforts are motivated by helping move the social dial towards that goal.
Share this article: