Would you like to help the CWCC grow and advance women in business? If you’re a sales or business development professional with a passion for equity, diversity, and inclusion, we’d love to have you join our team!
See below and our LinkedIn posting for the job description, salary, and details on how to apply.
Business Development Manager
CWCC is one of the largest women’s chambers of commerce in the country with a community of over 435 member businesses and 1,800 individual members representing a wide variety of both for-and non-profit organizations. Our members range from presidents and CEOs to small business owners, from large corporations to small non-profit organizations. More than half of CWCC members are small business owners, and represent the largest segment of our membership.
CWCC was founded in 1988 by a group of nine women to give women a voice in business, support women in business, and provide resources to help them succeed. Women own 10.6 million businesses in the United States and employ 19.1 million workers – that’s one in every seven employees. Women-owned businesses account for $2.5 trillion in sales. Colorado is ranked first in the country for economic success, and second in the country for most entrepreneurial. For more than 33 years, CWCC has been a vital part of the Colorado business community. CWCC focuses on supporting transformation for women and those that identify as women.
The Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce presents and conducts approximately 100 workshops, educational seminars, and events annually attended by more than 3,500 people each year. This variety of programming provides outstanding, high-visibility opportunities for sponsors to participate and support our mission.
About the Role
The Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to help continue our growth and engage our community. The Business Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the sale of CWCC membership and programs from beginning to end. This individual is the direct point of contact with prospective Chamber members, and ensures members’ needs and expectations are met.
If you’re self-motivated, enjoy connecting with a diverse group of people, and passionate about the advancement of women in work, the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce is an ideal organization.
- Acquires new members by reaching out to leads.
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Serves existing members by optimizing current membership plan
- Maintains monthly minimum goals
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Discovers and explores business and partnership opportunities.
- Evaluates options and resolves internal priorities.
- Examines risks and potentials for growth opportunities.
- Estimates partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhances the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 2 – 5 years of sales and business development experience.
- Motivation for sales and business development
- Prospecting and lead generation skills
- Sales pipeline development and planning
- Identifying customer’s needs
- Market knowledge
- Presentation and communication skills
- Passion for equity and inclusion, and advancing women in work
Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 base plus commission
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this article: